BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
twincityfang
Calcite | Level 5

I am working on the code of "The little SAS book".  I saved the code in /folders/myfolders/chap3/abc.sas.  When I have a case, I want to copy the previous abc.sas to a new abc2.sas.  I tried to use the save to feature, but the system will messed up.

I also tried to use copy feature, it seems not friendly to use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

How did the system "mess up"? Please provide any error message or other description what happened.

"Save As" on the University Edition virtual machine works without problems when done to /folders/myfolders (or a subdirectory thereof).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
satya_majhi
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi , I was also trying to login using the demo password but it not allowing me to save

I have used the

On the Windows desktop in the virtual lab, double-click the SAS Studio 3.8 shortcut.
2. If prompted, log in to SAS Studio
User ID: sasdemo
Password: Student1
3. At the top of the Server Files and Folders pane, click New and select Folder Shortcut.
4. In the Name box, type EPMLR. In the Directory box, browse to D:/Workshop/EPMLR51. Click
Save.
5. Expand Folder Shortcuts and then EPMLR. This folder contains SAS programs and data that you
use for exercises in this course. Double-click setup.sas to open it.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

How did the system "mess up"? Please provide any error message or other description what happened.

"Save As" on the University Edition virtual machine works without problems when done to /folders/myfolders (or a subdirectory thereof).

twincityfang
Calcite | Level 5
I found out if I created more files (more than 6 files) in my folder, the save button inside the popup stopped working. Now to save the file, I use the copy and rename to save the new files in the SAS University Edition. Copy is working correctly.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation