BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Residentx10
Quartz | Level 8

I'm finalizing my details for SAS Innovate. I'm looking forward to coming but I have a few questions. 

1. Are all the sessions, outside special sessions, 30 minutes? I notice some of the sessions are 1 hour long (See attached -> 12:30 sessions).

This will affect my attendance at the other sessions at 1pm. 

session-lengths.png

2. What will the dress code be for this event? I know most do business casual but I'm making no assumptions. 

3. Is there a way we can get some better sessions? These Gov't sessions I think you should nix because the world is in a worse place since covid and I really don't want to hear from these people. Honestly, I wish they would resign. We have higher prices everywhere, these forecasting system simply failed MISERABLY, and we're spending too much (reaching too far). I do want to hear more about the innovation in the SAS product(s) roadmaps...this is really all I want to hear about 🙂 

4. Can we get a session on how SAS has used AI / ML to make decisions for their organizations (SAS & JMP) during and after covid? 

5. Can you discuss how these roundtables will work on the final day? 1.) Lecture then comments?, 2.) Panel w/ experts conversations?

Also, can we submit questions in advance? 

6. How did you come up with these roundtable discussions? Personally, I'm only attending these roundtables (Navigating Uncertainty & Twinning to Win). 

session-lastday.png

session-lastday-roundtables.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SAS_Cares
SAS Employee

Great to hear you will be joining us! See answers to your questions below: 

1. Are all the sessions, outside special sessions, 30 minutes? I notice some of the sessions are 1 hour long (See attached -> 12:30 sessions).This will affect my attendance at the other sessions at 1pm. 

A: Most of the sessions are 30 minutes, however some will vary slightly due to the type of content. 

1. What will the dress code be for this event? I know most do business casual but I'm making no assumptions.

A: Dress code is smart casual. See the FAQs on the event page for dress code: https://innovate.sas.com/event/8f50bb6d-ae11-4687-a7a9-f6c8204eba24/websitePage:655ea2fb-13f5-4e4b-9...

1. 3. Is there a way we can get some better sessions? These Gov't sessions I think you should nix because the world is in a worse place since covid and I really don't want to hear from these people. Honestly, I wish they would resign. We have higher prices everywhere, these forecasting system simply failed MISERABLY, and we're spending too much (reaching too far). I do want to hear more about the innovation in the SAS product(s) roadmaps...this is really all I want to hear about 

A: There will be technology sessions taking place in the Innovation Hub concurrent with the industry sessions that will cover topics such as the following: 

SAS Viya Productivity Gains - No Fluff, Just Facts

Your Team's Viya Experience (Spoiler Alert: All Users Are Welcome)

The Data Challenge and the SAS Vision

Innovative Solutions Built in a Month: Lessons from the SAS Hackathon

Ready? Move Your SAS Estate to the Cloud

1. Can we get a session on how SAS has used AI / ML to make decisions for their organizations (SAS & JMP) during and after covid?

A: The content for SAS Innovate is already set, but this is an Interesting suggestion we'll take into consideration for future events.  

1. Can you discuss how these roundtables will work on the final day? 1.) Lecture then comments?, 2.) Panel w/ experts conversations? Also, can we submit questions in advance? 

A: The roundtables will consist of a short presentation where the roundtable room host sets up the topic, then individual tables will discuss questions/scenarios amongst themselves. 

1. How did you come up with these roundtable discussions? Personally, I'm only attending these roundtables (Navigating Uncertainty & Twinning to Win). 

A: We gathered input from a host of sources with an eye toward providing a variety of topics. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SAS_Cares
SAS Employee

Great to hear you will be joining us! See answers to your questions below: 

1. Are all the sessions, outside special sessions, 30 minutes? I notice some of the sessions are 1 hour long (See attached -> 12:30 sessions).This will affect my attendance at the other sessions at 1pm. 

A: Most of the sessions are 30 minutes, however some will vary slightly due to the type of content. 

1. What will the dress code be for this event? I know most do business casual but I'm making no assumptions.

A: Dress code is smart casual. See the FAQs on the event page for dress code: https://innovate.sas.com/event/8f50bb6d-ae11-4687-a7a9-f6c8204eba24/websitePage:655ea2fb-13f5-4e4b-9...

1. 3. Is there a way we can get some better sessions? These Gov't sessions I think you should nix because the world is in a worse place since covid and I really don't want to hear from these people. Honestly, I wish they would resign. We have higher prices everywhere, these forecasting system simply failed MISERABLY, and we're spending too much (reaching too far). I do want to hear more about the innovation in the SAS product(s) roadmaps...this is really all I want to hear about 

A: There will be technology sessions taking place in the Innovation Hub concurrent with the industry sessions that will cover topics such as the following: 

SAS Viya Productivity Gains - No Fluff, Just Facts

Your Team's Viya Experience (Spoiler Alert: All Users Are Welcome)

The Data Challenge and the SAS Vision

Innovative Solutions Built in a Month: Lessons from the SAS Hackathon

Ready? Move Your SAS Estate to the Cloud

1. Can we get a session on how SAS has used AI / ML to make decisions for their organizations (SAS & JMP) during and after covid?

A: The content for SAS Innovate is already set, but this is an Interesting suggestion we'll take into consideration for future events.  

1. Can you discuss how these roundtables will work on the final day? 1.) Lecture then comments?, 2.) Panel w/ experts conversations? Also, can we submit questions in advance? 

A: The roundtables will consist of a short presentation where the roundtable room host sets up the topic, then individual tables will discuss questions/scenarios amongst themselves. 

1. How did you come up with these roundtable discussions? Personally, I'm only attending these roundtables (Navigating Uncertainty & Twinning to Win). 

A: We gathered input from a host of sources with an eye toward providing a variety of topics. 

Residentx10
Quartz | Level 8
One more question, why is this called sas innovate? I see other events later in the year that are more technical.
Residentx10
Quartz | Level 8

I see you posted openings for presentations for the fall events. 

Can you start putting so structure around the submissions? 

We need experts who have experiences migrating to SAS Viya from the following:

Mainframe

Unix

Linux

Windows. 

I want to hear more about the evolving relationship you have with Hashicorp. You use many of their products in your SAS Viya solution. 

Can we hear more about this? 

Also, I want you to consider putting the JMP and SAS communities together in future conferences. These products need to be sold together. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation