BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Stu44
Fluorite | Level 6

New starter on SAS currently working my way through the 'Learning Essentials' course. Okay with SAS studio aspect but do I have to access Enterprise Guide as well to complete the basic training? Really struggled trying to download and set up SAS University edition, then found SAS studio which is great! Can I complete this course without downloading Enterprise Guide?

If not any SIMPLE solutions for downloading it?

Thanks,

Stu

6 REPLIES 6
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

Shouldn't be a problem to complete the course with SAS Studio 🙂

Stu44
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks, that's helped a lot.

Cheers,

Stu
Reeza
Super User
SAS UE is also SAS Studio. I'm assuming you're using Academics on Demand.
Stu44
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes I am, thanks for replying
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
The class is set up with instructions for all the possible interfaces. Usually, only corporate students or academic students have access to Enterprise Guide. So, there are instructions for using Enterprise Guide. But, you do NOT need Enterprise Guide to take the course. SAS Studio will work just fine. In fact, all the demos in the course feature the use of SAS Studio, as the newest editor. So if you are using SAS Studio, either through the free University Edition or the free SAS OnDemand for Academics, you'll be fine in the course.
Cynthia
Stu44
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks Cynthia, that's really good to know.

Thanks again,

Stu

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation