BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Sassy_lady
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, I am taking the SAS certification review and I'm having difficulty setting up the ECRBM6 t folder. I followed the set up instructions for SAS on Demand for Academics, ran the libname statement, and ran the file called created data PG1V2_oda.sas. The data folder appears, but does not contain any content and the other two folders (output and programs) do not appear at all. Below are some screen shots of the problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
It looks like you're using a Mac. You should just be able to double click on the zip file on the Mac to open the file. Then you do NOT open the .SAS file on your Mac. You only store the unzipped contents in a folder that you will be able to locate later. I've had Mac students make their folder under their Documents location, but I've also had them make different folders on their Hard Drive. If you make an ECRBM6 folder under your Documents location, when you double click on the Mac, you should be able to just unzip the zip file contents into the folder of your choosing. Or, when you double click the contents may get dumped into your Downloads folder on the Mac and then you can drag and drop them into the ECRBM6 folder on the Mac. The ONLY reason for getting the file onto your Mac is to turn around and upload the .SAS file to SAS OnDemand for Academics so you can run the program. We do NOT intend for you to open any of the .SAS files on your Mac. We only want you to unzip the zip archive into a folder where you can find the files again in order to upload them.
In your screen shot, it looks like you've already made the ECRBM6 folder and the .SAS file is inside that folder. Now you need to go to https://welcome.oda.sas.com and open SAS Studio and then make an ECRBM6 folder up on the server directly under your Files (Home) top folder location. Then you right click on the ECRBM6 folder and choose Upload. Be very careful on your Mac NOT to use Safari for this step. Safari has a known problem with doing uploads in SAS Studio. Try Firefox or Chrome for opening SAS Studio. The upload button should work with either of those browsers on a Mac. You'll need to upload the .SAS program FROM your Mac folder into the server folder (without trying to open the .SAS file). Once the .SAS file is up in the right folder on SAS OnDemand, all you should need to do is double click on the folder in order to open it in a code window. In one of your screen shots, it looks like you're trying to import the zip file into a SAS OnDemand import window. This is not the process. You're not importing anything. You need to open the .SAS program into a Code Editor window in SAS Studio and then run the program. There's nothing to import. The .SAS program does everything you need. This is nearly the same as the process you followed to make the data for Programming 1. Except for Programming 1, your folder was called EPG1V2 and for this class your folder is called ECRBM6. But the .SAS program tailored for each class is the program that makes the data files you need.
Hope this helps clarify things a bit more.
Cynthia
If you continue to have issues with setting up the data for this class, please send mail to elearn@sas.com and one of the instructors who has a Mac for testing can work with you on getting the data set up correctly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

1. In the directions for setup (as seen your SAS OnDemand for Academics setup.pdf file), steps 3&4 instruct you to create a folder named ECRBM6. In the screenshot from SAS Studio, your folder is named "ECRBM6 f". That won't work.

2. Step 7 says to upload a file named createdataCRB_oda.sas. In the screenshot from SAS Studio, the program you have open is named "createdataPG1v2_oda.sas". This program creates the data for a different course named "SAS Programming 1".

From the above information, it looks like you either downloaded the incorrect ZIP file or uploaded the incorrect unzipped SAS program. To correct this, go back to the Setup Instructions, and start with step 1 again. Make sure you use the link in step 2 to download and unzip the correct ZIP file for this course. Then, follow the remaining steps, being careful to verify that all the file and folder names are exactly as shown in the instructions.

Wishing you all the best in the pursuit of your certification!
Mark

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users
Sassy_lady
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes, you're right I downloaded the wrong file, however when I downloaded the correct file for SAS on demand it will not open and keeps downloading every time I double click it. Screen shots below.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
It looks like you're using a Mac. You should just be able to double click on the zip file on the Mac to open the file. Then you do NOT open the .SAS file on your Mac. You only store the unzipped contents in a folder that you will be able to locate later. I've had Mac students make their folder under their Documents location, but I've also had them make different folders on their Hard Drive. If you make an ECRBM6 folder under your Documents location, when you double click on the Mac, you should be able to just unzip the zip file contents into the folder of your choosing. Or, when you double click the contents may get dumped into your Downloads folder on the Mac and then you can drag and drop them into the ECRBM6 folder on the Mac. The ONLY reason for getting the file onto your Mac is to turn around and upload the .SAS file to SAS OnDemand for Academics so you can run the program. We do NOT intend for you to open any of the .SAS files on your Mac. We only want you to unzip the zip archive into a folder where you can find the files again in order to upload them.
In your screen shot, it looks like you've already made the ECRBM6 folder and the .SAS file is inside that folder. Now you need to go to https://welcome.oda.sas.com and open SAS Studio and then make an ECRBM6 folder up on the server directly under your Files (Home) top folder location. Then you right click on the ECRBM6 folder and choose Upload. Be very careful on your Mac NOT to use Safari for this step. Safari has a known problem with doing uploads in SAS Studio. Try Firefox or Chrome for opening SAS Studio. The upload button should work with either of those browsers on a Mac. You'll need to upload the .SAS program FROM your Mac folder into the server folder (without trying to open the .SAS file). Once the .SAS file is up in the right folder on SAS OnDemand, all you should need to do is double click on the folder in order to open it in a code window. In one of your screen shots, it looks like you're trying to import the zip file into a SAS OnDemand import window. This is not the process. You're not importing anything. You need to open the .SAS program into a Code Editor window in SAS Studio and then run the program. There's nothing to import. The .SAS program does everything you need. This is nearly the same as the process you followed to make the data for Programming 1. Except for Programming 1, your folder was called EPG1V2 and for this class your folder is called ECRBM6. But the .SAS program tailored for each class is the program that makes the data files you need.
Hope this helps clarify things a bit more.
Cynthia
If you continue to have issues with setting up the data for this class, please send mail to elearn@sas.com and one of the instructors who has a Mac for testing can work with you on getting the data set up correctly.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation