BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MarkKrickovich
Calcite | Level 5

-SAS Add-In 8 for MS Office, Excel Specifically.

-Pivot-Table Use

-SAS CPM Tool

Issue: Excel freezes for a period of 1-3 minutes - and this occurs every 10 to 20 minutes.  

We connect Excel Pivot tables to various sized cubes that we create using SAS Cost & Profitability Management tool. 

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Are all users impacted by this problem or is it just one or two?

What version exactly are you using? 8.1 or 8.2? Did you have the same problem with earlier versions?

This type of problem is best progressed with SAS Tech Support as it will likely require turning on application logging and then analysis of these. 

MarkKrickovich
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your response SASKiwi....answers below your q's:

Are all users impacted by this problem or is it just one or two?

All users of Excel where the SAS Add-In is installed. 

What version exactly are you using? 8.1 or 8.2? Did you have the same problem with earlier versions?

8.1 Update 1 (8.1.1.3263) (32-bit).  I dont believe so, no. 

This type of problem is best progressed with SAS Tech Support as it will likely require turning on application logging and then analysis of these. 

Yes, we may do that - elaborate as it is - first, before the effort, we need to know if others experience this problem; and if a non-SAS trouble-shooting log effort can fix it. 

Do you know anything of this? 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@MarkKrickovich - OK, looks like it could be a version-specific issue. One way to check would be to re-install an earlier version say 7.15 and test this.

Unfortunately I don't use the SAS Add-In a whole lot so I've never experienced this type of issue. It is always possible it could be caused by something unusual in your IT environment. This is something application logging should be able to identify.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation