BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jmehul
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I have two servers A and B,

On A, I have work Space server (EBI Server) and on B I have DI, Data surveyor and SAS Access to R3 (Server for client Apps)
As A has the workspace server so I had to create a profile for Di which is pointing to Server A, But when I am testing my connection in DI through Data surveyor plug-in - it is giving me an error that SAS access to R3 is no licensed.

So My question is: I need to have theSAS access to R3 licence on the Server A or Server B. 

3 REPLIES 3
jmehul
Quartz | Level 8

So, As I don't have the license of SAS access to R3 on the workspace server but have it on another server,
It should work, Right? 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@jmehul wrote:

So, As I don't have the license of SAS access to R3 on the workspace server but have it on another server,
It should work, Right? 

Only on the server where it is licensed.

If A is where you call the workspace server for DI Studio, and ACCESS to R3 is not licensed there, you can't use it from DI Studio.

If you have a means of using server B from server A (eg with SAS/CONNECT), you could try that, but the resulting code would undercut all the advantages of using DI Studio. Much better to have the license for ACCESS to R3 incorporated in your BI Server license.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation