BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
angouldi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, 

I just finished installing SAS 9.4 on Windows 10 via Parallels on my new Macbook Air (M1 chip). The installation seemed to go smoothly and now I have SAS 9.4 on my laptop, but every time I click the icon the SAS program opens and then closes/crashes immediately. There is no error message, I just see the blue circle/thinking sign, then the program closes completely within a few seconds. I have tried re-starting Windows with no improvement.

Any ideas? Could this be related to a compatibility issue with the M1 chip? 

Thank you for your help!

Alison

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm assuming Parallels is a Windows emulator? I'd recommend raising a SAS Tech Support track for this as they are in the best position to diagnose what is going on.

angouldi
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your response. I am working with SAS Tech Support on a solution now.

nacho45
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am currently having the exact same issue. Has is it been resolved?

Thank you,

Naomi

angouldi
Fluorite | Level 6

Unfortunately, I worked extensively with several SAS IT people and we were never able to resolve the issue. They ultimately recommended that I use SAS Studio (a web-browser based SAS interface) instead, which I transitioned to without too much difficulty. I would encourage you to reach out to SAS IT yourself, so hopefully if enough people report this problem they will fix it. Definitely let me know if you figure out a solution!

Ignatz23
Calcite | Level 5

I had the exact same problem installing SAS 9.4 in Parallels, Windows 11, on a new Mac laptop. SAS would start, then immediately disappear. No error message. My IT guy could not figure it out. I finally resolved it by installing the 32-bit version of SAS, rather than the 64-bit. Now it runs normally.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation