BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JerryK60
Calcite | Level 5

After the recent upgrade to SAS 9.4 M5 the following code does not produce an excel workbook with the output on separate sheets. Prior to the upgrade this worked fine.

ods excel file= "outputfile.xlsx" options (sheet_name= "Screen Fails" sheet_interval= "none);

proc report data= screenfails;

run;

ods excel options (sheet_name= "A5 Subjects" sheet_interval= "none");

proc report data= a5subjects;

run;

ods excel options (sheet_name= "A6 Subjects" sheet_interval= "none");

proc report data= a6subjects;

run;

ods excel close;

Thank you for assisting me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
We can only see exactly what you post, and it’s not clear to me what the issue is? None means that all output is on one sheet, is that not happening? If you want separate sheets, you should be using proc as the interval. If your previous version was below M3, it was still in pre-production/testing so it is possible the behaviour has changed.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

this

ods excel file= "outputfile.xlsx" options (sheet_name= "Screen Fails" sheet_interval= "none);

should be this

ods excel file= "outputfile.xlsx" options (sheet_name= "Screen Fails" sheet_interval= "none");

JerryK60
Calcite | Level 5

I made a typo.  That is not the problem I'm trying to solve.

Reeza
Super User
We can only see exactly what you post, and it’s not clear to me what the issue is? None means that all output is on one sheet, is that not happening? If you want separate sheets, you should be using proc as the interval. If your previous version was below M3, it was still in pre-production/testing so it is possible the behaviour has changed.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
I assume the missing quote in the first Options was a typing error?

I believe that with 9.4M5, you need to use sheet_interval="now", as shown below:

ods excel file='c:\temp\testsubopt_now.xlsx'
    options(sheet_name="one" sheet_interval='none');

proc print data=sashelp.class(obs=3);
	run;

proc print data=sashelp.shoes(obs=3);
	run;

ods excel options(sheet_name="two" sheet_interval="now");

proc report data=sashelp.prdsale;
    column country region actual predict;
	define country / group page;
	define region / group;
	break after country / summarize page;
  run;

ods excel options(sheet_name="three" sheet_interval="now");

proc print data=sashelp.heart(obs=10);
  run;
ods excel close;

Hope this helps,

cynthia

JerryK60
Calcite | Level 5
It was, and much regretted.

Goldfish1
Calcite | Level 5

This is really help for multiple tables on multiple sheets!

djh
Fluorite | Level 6 djh
Fluorite | Level 6

I encounter this when using ods excel to export multiple datasets to a workbook but without contens after set "ods select noe;"

Try to use the following the options,  it works for me.

ods exclude all;

ods exclude none;

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
You've added your posting onto a 3 year old post and I'm not sure that your current post is related to older one. I would recommend that you start a new posting and be sure to explain your desired output and the problem you're having. Also it's a good idea to make up a sample program using SASHELP datasets to illustrate the issue you're having.
Cynthia

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 in conversation