BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vfarmak
Quartz | Level 8

Dear all,

I am writing in reference to the product Visual Analytics.

Is there a way that someone could run via script in the server or in Management Console Visual Data Queries.

I am asking because in case of the Visual Analytics Server's downtime, when it is already up I have to execute every visual data query and we have around 60 queries.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Yes, this is reasonably easy to do. We have a batch SAS process which can be scheduled or run from SAS Management Console to reload tables into the LASR server after a reboot or shutdown.

The best approach is to keep copies of all of the VA tables you want to load as SAS datasets on disk. Then you run a standard load process which loads each of the required tables from disk into memory.

vfarmak
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you for your feedback.

And I understand your point.

However, there is no 1:1 relation from the SAS Dataset to VA Lasr due to the fact that some joins are performed inside the visual data query.

This was done because the times the data need to load from DI to LASR were significant higher than load the datasets on the LASR and then joining by Visual Data Query.

Is there any alternative to run the Visual Data Query from SAS management console?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Visual Data Queries are not something I'm particularly familiar with, given we do all of our VA data preparation outside of VA in Base SAS. However they appear to have a scheduling and batch-mode capability as explained in this doc

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation