BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Dolphin75
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

How could I do this { opening parenthesis?
The shortcut (Alt + 5) on Mac brings me to the Log page of my code.

Awaiting news from you soon.

Best regards

8 REPLIES 8
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

It depends on the layout of your keyboard (which depends on your language), see here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7418604 

On my German keyboard, I use alt-8 and alt-9 (shift-8 and shift-9 are the round brackets).

Dolphin75
Calcite | Level 5
@Kurt : I have an AZERTY keyboard with the Esc button on the top left just above the #@ button.
My brackets are on the 5( and °) buttons.
Alt + ° is ok for closing curly bracket '}' but Alt + 5 '{' get me to the log page of my code as Alt + 3... Same for Safari or Chrome which I used as my default browser.
@Andreas : Yes I am using SASStudio. So I've used 'Character viewer' as last solution.
Thx for your time and help.
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@Kurt_Bremser this is a special problem on a mac using sas studio, unfortunately the keys used to get { are mapped to open the log.

@Dolphin75 Opening a track with tech-support is recommended.

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Interesting, i have the very same problem using an eight years old macbook pro with german keyboard. Maybe a browser problem.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

On my Macbook, alt-8 and alt-9 work in SAS Studio, both in Safari (which I use for University Edition) and Chrome (which I need to us for ODA).

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@Dolphin75 wrote:

Hi,

How could I do this { opening parenthesis?
The shortcut (Alt + 5) on Mac brings me to the Log page of my code.

Awaiting news from you soon.

Best regards

Why do you need to enter those characters?  Is there some SAS syntax where you are using those characters? In general in SAS code you can use square bracket or even regular parentheses instead of curly brackets.

These three arrays all have five elements.

array one {5};
array two [5];
array three (5);

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation