BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lynnekilgore
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

My assignment this week is as follows:

• View a data table.
  • Write and submit SAS code.
  • View the log and results.
  • Generate a report with data using "by" and "var" statements.
  • Use the point-and-click Tasks function to run a Summary Statistics report showing basic descriptive statistics (this is the default report).
  • Create a bar chart.

Perform each of these tasks in SAS and then capture images of the output to use in your guide. You can use any of the data tables in the SAS program's "My Libraries" SASHELP library data files. The "CARS" data and/or the "FISH" data are recommended for your analysis. The training video Getting Started with SAS Studio, linked on the SAS Institute's Free SAS Tutorials page, explains each of these tasks.

I don't see any libraries on the left side, so what am i doing wrong? JupyterLab is working fine. Please advise.

Thanks,

Lynne

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

What interface to SAS are you using? SAS Base, Enterprise Guide, SAS Studio, SAS University Edition?

Show us a screen capture of what you do see.

--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User
Jupyter lab will not show you the items listed above, you'll need to use SAS Studio to do those tasks. Jupyter Lab is primarily a coding IDE instead, but it doesn't have same features as SAS Studio. If you're not following a tutorial specifically for Jupyter Lab, I highly recommend sticking with SAS Studio for now.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation