BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sakshi_Maggu
Calcite | Level 5

I'm still getting the same problem. Not sure how to make a share drive in virtual machine as one is already build, which I built following the instructions provided.

Also, I'm getting an error while exporting the data as well:

ERROR: Insufficient authorization to access
/opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/C:\Users\sakshi\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders\Cars_test.xls.

Below were my codes:
for Library :
LIBNAME Test2 'C:\Users\sakshi\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders';

For exporting data:

proc export data=cars1
outfile='C:\Users\sakshi\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders\Cars_test.xls'
Replace
dbms=xls;
run;

(cars1 is created in my work library)

Sakshi

2 REPLIES 2
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If you are using SAS University Edition then when you did the installation you setup a connection in the Virtual Machine between the directory /folders/myfolders to some directory on your actual machine.  So assuming that directory on your actual machine was C:\Users\sakshi\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders then your code needs to look like:

proc export data=cars1
  outfile='/folders/myfolders/Cars_test.xls'
  replace
  dbms=xls
;
run;
RandyMullis
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Yes, @Sakshi_Maggu , the SAS University Edition virtual machine is Linux-based. Therefore, file and directory paths need to use the proper Linux syntax. You can always find the correct path by simply clicking on the folder on the left and choosing Properties. The location in the Properties can be copied and pasted into your code.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation