BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Residentx10
Quartz | Level 8

Hi SAS Forums Users!!

What are these products? I cannot find any documentation on these products:

1. SAS Integration Technologies, is this listed by another name like SAS/STAT?

2. What is the SAS High Performance Suite? Is this for HPC or something else. Also, can I get a link to tech documentation?

Thanks for your help in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

From my install with similar High Performance Suite it basically means access the the HP procedures.

These would the Procs that appear in your online help under Base SAS 9.4 Procedures Guide: High Performance Procedures

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

If you Google "SAS Integration Technologies" you should find this link to the documentation:

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/whatsdiff/n00hzq692z1x70n1s8e73fdn8qei.htm

SAS High-Performance Computing is a big subject. Here is a starting point:
https://www.sas.com/software/high-performance-computing

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users
Residentx10
Quartz | Level 8

@SASJedi I appreciate your comments but let me clarify to make sure we are on the same page.

First, thank you for the link to SAS Integration Technologies page.

Second, Is the high performance "Suite" the same as High Performance Computing / Analytics?

SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

Where did you encounter the term "SAS High-Performance Suite"? As far as I know, this isn't an official SAS designation, so it's not easy to explain the intended meaning. In the past, several SAS 9 products fell into the "SAS High-Performance Computing" designation. This included things like SAS Grid, In-Database Analytics components, and the SAS LASR Analytic Server. Is that what you are referring to as a "Suite"? Perhaps you could explain, in a little more depth what information you are seeking (other than the "title" itself)?

Residentx10
Quartz | Level 8

@SASJedi

I guess your not really a Jedi...yet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLVWfcV2gX8

On our sas server, I ran this command:

proc product_status;

19         run;

For Base SAS Software ...

Custom version information: 9.4_M7

Image version information: 9.04.01M7P080520

For SAS/STAT ...

Custom version information: 15.2

For SAS/GRAPH ...

For SAS/IML ...

Custom version information: 15.2

For SAS Integration Technologies ...

For SAS/Secure 168-bit ...

Custom version information: 9.41_M4

For SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files ...

For SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC ...

For High Performance Suite ...

Custom version information: 2.2_M8

SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

Got it! Your company has negotiated a license with SAS that includes a combination of products bundled under the title "High Performance Suite". SAS 9 licenses are often custom-tailored to a specific customer's needs, and I am unfortunately not up to date on the details of the many different licensing agreements. I'm not in sales or marketing  - just a SAS coder. Your company's SAS Administrator or the SAS Account Executive should be able to tell you what individual components make up your SAS product license. If you don't know who your SAS Account Executive is, you can send me a private email (mark.jordan@sas.com) and I'll be happy to look it up for you.

May the SAS be with you!
Mark

ballardw
Super User

From my install with similar High Performance Suite it basically means access the the HP procedures.

These would the Procs that appear in your online help under Base SAS 9.4 Procedures Guide: High Performance Procedures

Residentx10
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks, I thought it was these products:

1. Enterprise guide
2. SAS Add-in for office
3. SAS Studio
4. SAS Enterprise Miner

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation