BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
drbinyameen
Calcite | Level 5

Greetings every one

I am analyzing my data through proc mixed model. After entering code :Variable not found: Plz guide

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

With any sort of error you should copy from the log the entire code of the procedure or data step that creates the error along with all notes, warnings, messages and errors. Open a text box on the forum using the </> above the message window and paste the copied text.

The text box is important because the message windows will reformat text meaning what we would see here might not actually be what was in the log.

Most of the time that and similar errors means you either did not spell the variable name correctly or used a different data set than you meant to that does not actually contain the variable. Less likely but still common is an incomplete statement above the place that error is reported that makes SAS think some other word is supposed to be a variable name.

drbinyameen
Calcite | Level 5
Bundle of thanks for replying. I am copying variable from the text box. I have totally changed the variable names and again copied them from text box but got same statement that Variable not found. Guide please Kind regards 
ballardw
Super User

Show  use the LOG on this forum. Otherwise there is not much we can do to help.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation