BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BWDAWG
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

I am very new with using sas so part of the problem I am having is using the correct terminology to ask this question or search for solutions. Here it is. I am trying to compare the association between meeting national exercise recommendations (Dependent) based on exposure status of having CKD using proc logistic. However, the national exercise recommendations are different for each group and therefore are two different variables that I am trying to use as one, if that makes sense? Does anyone understand and know how to do this? The varaibles are CKD (independent binary 0=non CKD 1= CKD) and CKDmetEX and noCKDmetEX (dependent binary 0,1). Any help would be greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

However, the national exercise recommendations are different for each group and therefore are two different variables that I am trying to use as one, if that makes sense?

No, that does not really make sense to me, two different variables generally should not be combined into one, unless you have some subject matter expertise that explains how to do this.

What makes sense to me is for each group, you predict the response based upon the appropriate x-variable for that group.

--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User
You need to combine the variables into one, how requires subject matter knowledge, which I dion't have.

You could model it as meeting recommendations regardless of group and add group in as a different variable in the model, or you could use ordinal/nominal logistic regression as appropriate.
ballardw
Super User

Can you share some of the actual data? Only the variables involved in this logistic regression need be shown This sounds like the transformation might be simple.

Instructions here: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat... will show how to turn an existing SAS data set into data step code that can be pasted into a forum code box using the {i} icon or attached as text to show exactly what you have and that we can test code against.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation