BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dschmidt
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm looking to model some insurance claims, and based on a few quick skims of papers, the tweedie distributions seem like a good candidate - a poisson mixture of gammas. Is anyone aware of methods/studies/resources which do hierarchical modeling of tweedies? If it were another distribution, I would use proc mcmc, but I've read that there's no closed form for the distribution, so I can't use the "General" option to specify the distribution.

What I'm really interested in, though, is examining a sampling distribution. So I could consider a normal hierarchical model based on a fixed group size if there's no alternatives. But ideally I'd like to be able to generalize for different group sizes. 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
pink_poodle
Barite | Level 11

There is an example of modeling automobile insurance claims with Proc Hpgenselect here:

https://support.sas.com/rnd/app/stat/examples/hpgenselect/hpgenselect.htm

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation