BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DomUk
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I would like to save the output of the proc glmselect in a separate file. Specifically, I want to create a file containing the selected variables in columns (the estimates of their coefficients that are provided in the result widow). My code is i.e.

proc glmselect data=&infile plot=all seed=123;
model &depvar=indepvar
/ selection=LASSO( stop=none choose=cvex);
run;

I know I can use ods output paramterestimates, however I would like to get a result compared to the outest statement in proc reg. My Variables should be listed in single columns.

Thank you very much for an answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi @DomUk and welcome to the SAS Support Communities!

Would a transposed version of the ParameterEstimates ODS output dataset come close to what you want?

ods output parameterestimates=est;

proc glmselect ...;
run;

proc transpose data=est out=want(drop=_name_);
var estimate;
id effect;
run;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi @DomUk and welcome to the SAS Support Communities!

Would a transposed version of the ParameterEstimates ODS output dataset come close to what you want?

ods output parameterestimates=est;

proc glmselect ...;
run;

proc transpose data=est out=want(drop=_name_);
var estimate;
id effect;
run;
DomUk
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you very much!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation