BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ballardw
Super User

I was very surprised to generated code with  dlm='7F'x.  That character is sometimes referred to as a delete character and not very displayable. I would not be surprised to find out that however that got into the code as a delimiter that the body of the data did not actually have those characters between fields. Which would mean that none of the variable would be read correctly and all the variables blank as shown. That you marked @Reeza's solution as correct where hers used a comma for the delimiter is an indication that may be a major player in this issue.

I would be tempted to send the file, the generated code and the options you used in the Wizard to tech support to see if they can determine what happened.

Another thing is ?? suppresses data error messages. It is possible that removing the ?? might have created some messages that indicate something related to what is happening.

Reeza
Super User

@ballardw A question from @Liz_Perkin seems to have generated very similar code using EG again. I wonder if SAS made a change somewhere that isn't generating correct code in M6? or EG?

@dbcrow I would definitely consider sending this to SAS Tech Support.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation