BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
D_User
Calcite | Level 5

Good morning,

I'm new to SAS and i have the following problem. I'm trying to connect with data base PostagreSQL trought ODBC, In the managment console after register tables i'm going trough the first step, tables in data base are visible but after choosing the particular table and clicking finish "ERROR: Invalid option name =." appears, which is preceded with "NOTE: 61 table(s) not displayed/returned because the name is too long." and the proc metalib procedure after which the mentioned ERROR appears. Names are less than 32 characters long. I want to add that after registration of the library in enterprise guide mentioned tables are visible and i can display them but the proc metalib procedure doesn't work there as well. Does anybody know what causes the error? I'll be grateful for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
D_User
Calcite | Level 5
i've tried this before unforunately its not the reason. I've deleted special characters everywhere.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation