BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Genoa
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Gurus,

Is there a way to add or show the page controls (buttons, sliders..etc) to the report pdf. I need to show the interactivity of my report.

Any info is much appreciated.

Kind regards.

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

PDF reports are static and don't have interactive buttons and sliders that change what you see, at least in my experience.

Genoa
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the reply, Yes I do understand that pdf reports are static by nature, all I just wanted to show are the actual page controls printed on the pdf pages, not clickable or anything like that and not in reality interactive..😀.

Is it possible?

Ksharp
Super User

Can you post a picture to illustrate your questiono?

ods pdf file='c:\temp\temp.pdf';
options nodate nonumber;
title j=l 'xxxxxx' j=r 'Page (*ESC*){thispage} of (*ESC*){lastpage}';
proc report data=sashelp.stocks(obs=100) nowd;run;
ods pdf close;

Ksharp_0-1655545734607.png

Genoa
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry for not being very clear, screenshot attached, these "Controls objects" (encircled) in the page control section that filters out the entries in the data set in the graphs and other objects, is that possible to show in the pdf generated? I just wanted to add that to the pdf instead of taking screenshots. Reason being, I have to show that my report pages are interactive without having to access the report online inside SAS Viya.

Hope that makes sense.

Genoa_0-1655594109402.png

Ksharp
Super User
As Reeza , I don't think it is true either. But I am not familiar with Viya. Maybe @Cynthia_sas know something.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
It's still not clear to me what you want to do? You want to create a PDF file that shows a picture of the control objects or you want the actual Viya/VA Control objects placed in the PDF? Placing an image in the PDF file is do-able, but it would be fairly clear that it was just a screen shot of the image. I think you may really need to work with SAS Tech Support. When you do a report inside VA (for example) and you print the report to PDF, the Visual Analytics report looks like a regular PDF file without any of the Viya controls in the file. I think this is a case where you need to provide a lot more context of EXACTLY what you want to do and the environment in which you're working and the purpose of embedding or showing controls like this in a PDF file.
Cynthia
Reeza
Super User

Not quite true. You can embed Javascript objects within PDF documents so can embed a dashboard or interactive graphics within PDFs. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5bdBeFwNCU

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation