BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PhuongNguyen
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello people,

I am concerning about estimating parameters for PIN in Easley et al. (1996) versus PIN in Easley et al. (2002). 

In Easley et al. (1996), they introduced the Probability of Informed Trade (PIN) as

PIN1.jpg

And in Easley et al. (2002), they introduced the PIN as

PIN2.jpg

While buy and sell share a same rate epsilon (e)  in the first formula, the only difference in the later formula is that they clearly distinguish between buy arrival rate eb and sell arrival rate es. In Easley et al. (2002) they succeeded in estimating eb and es using data of stocks listed on the NYSE in their empirical test. 

I have searched around and learned that there are SAS codes for PIN in the first version (same e). However I am just wondering if we have the codes for PIN in the later version.

Thank you for any of your comments. Good day.

1 REPLY 1
mkeintz
PROC Star

There's an example of SAS code for PIN estimation on WRDS:  Probability of Informed Trading.  It does non-linear optimization using PROC NLP.

--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

--------------------------

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation