BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shakti_Sourav
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Team,

I am using Data Management Studio for De-Duplication. I have one dataset having 6 crores records.

But when I am executing my data job it gives error after read 5 crores record.

Error : ODBC Connection Dead.

I have attached screenshot for your reference.

Shakti_Sourav_0-1651036147982.png

Thank You

Shakti

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Most likely there is a timeout rule being applied to your data connection. How long does the job run for before timing out? The problem is identifying where the timeout is being applied. I suggest you discuss the problem with your SAS administrator is this could be an Oracle connection timeout or a TCP network connection firewall timeout.

Shakti_Sourav
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Discussed with DBA as they said there is unlimited time set for the connection.

Is there any time out setting in SAS-Data flux ?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I'd say somewhere between SAS and Oracle there's a router/firewall that kills your connection. Experiment with different amounts of data to get a feel for the time at which the disconnect happens. This will help the network people to find where it happens.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation