BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ManonBordeleau1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, 

I use to work with SAS Studio on my computer but recently I try to switch for SAS OnDemand for Academics. I try to follow the uploading course data (pdf) but I wasn't able to do the step 3 because I do not have the "my_shared_file_links" options. I need to upload a Excel file. 

https://support.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/support/en/products-solutions/ondemand/uploading-data-instru...

I have a Mac, 

Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

There is a known issue with a Mac especially if you use Safari in that the upload button may be grayed out. You don't explicitly say what your issue is, but if you can't do an upload and you're using Safari, the thing to do is switch to Google Chrome and the upload button should work for you.

When you are inside SAS Studio on the OnDemand server, you should see Files(Home) as the top node. If you are an instructor and you have set up a class, you should have a folder that is UNDER Files (Home) where you can upload content for your class. Then, any students who are in your class would be able to see and read the files you put into that folder. You should still be able to upload content under Files (Home) even if you have an independent learner account (not an instructor account). If you are an instructor and need help setting up your data for your OnDemand class, then you can send mail to support@sas.com or post your question in the SAS Analytics U forum (not in the New Users forum).

Cynthia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

There is a known issue with a Mac especially if you use Safari in that the upload button may be grayed out. You don't explicitly say what your issue is, but if you can't do an upload and you're using Safari, the thing to do is switch to Google Chrome and the upload button should work for you.

When you are inside SAS Studio on the OnDemand server, you should see Files(Home) as the top node. If you are an instructor and you have set up a class, you should have a folder that is UNDER Files (Home) where you can upload content for your class. Then, any students who are in your class would be able to see and read the files you put into that folder. You should still be able to upload content under Files (Home) even if you have an independent learner account (not an instructor account). If you are an instructor and need help setting up your data for your OnDemand class, then you can send mail to support@sas.com or post your question in the SAS Analytics U forum (not in the New Users forum).

Cynthia

ManonBordeleau1
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Cynthia,

A HUGE thanks for your help. I switch for Chrome and everything works. :))))

You made my day!

Manon
Reeza
Super User
You're referring to Step #3?

You can put them in any folder, the exact name doesn't matter, it's a matter of clicking the up arrow button, selecting your file and then selecting where you want to save it. Try it, just following the prompts in the application, not the instructions.
RohanaBruker
Fluorite | Level 6

I believe Reeza is right! If you don't see a "my_shared_file_links" folder, you can still upload it and appropriately rename any folders with a right click. As long as you have your filed downloaded or saved on your computer somewhere, the upload button should work.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation