BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mmcgrow
Calcite | Level 5

I am brand new to SAS Studio. I need to use it to get the US Census NYC Housing and Vacancy Survey (HVS) microdata in there and convert it to an .xlxs file. The Census provides SAS code to access it here. Others on the internet have great code to get it to .xlxs format. 

I have scoured YouTube to the best of my ability and cannot locate another human who has used HVS microdata in SAS Studio. Is anyone aware of a step-by-step for dummies in video or writing form to use microdata in SAS Studio, because I am so lost. 

I would be so grateful for any leads or assistance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
The code is the same regardless of the tool.

Upload the files to Academics on Demand. Use the code in the link but change it to the relevant file paths you have for the saved files.

After you upload the files, you can find the path for them by right clicking and selecting properties. That path is what you need to replace in the code "LOCATION OF TEXT FILE"

If you've never used SAS before I recommend you spend the first day or two taking the FREE online training courses - you'll save yourself hours of googling and searching that way.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User
The code is the same regardless of the tool.

Upload the files to Academics on Demand. Use the code in the link but change it to the relevant file paths you have for the saved files.

After you upload the files, you can find the path for them by right clicking and selecting properties. That path is what you need to replace in the code "LOCATION OF TEXT FILE"

If you've never used SAS before I recommend you spend the first day or two taking the FREE online training courses - you'll save yourself hours of googling and searching that way.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation