BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SAS_Question
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Kurt,

Just to let you know: it works now... 

And I think it went wrong because when I used the program it sometime freezed and when I force close it, it doesn't email anymore... 

So I needed to restart the whole SAS-server before it can be used again. Very strange. But that clears the '*' before FILENAME in the macro output I guess... 🙂 

Now all good. Thanks for your time and efforts!

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

A process hanging with the pipe to the mailer open can cause the mailer to become unresponsive (it only has one input channel).

"Force closing" a SAS process from the client side should always be accompanied by a search for the server process (on the server), and if found, killing that process. Running cleanwork after is recommended, of course.

SAS_Question
Quartz | Level 8

Interesting! Thanks for the tip about the SAS CLEANWORK utility. Very handy to know. Will dive into that!

Thanks again Kurt! 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation