BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bill_Stock
Calcite | Level 5

I used SAS many years ago on the mainframe and I see that recent job postings prefer some level of SAS. I've taken one course and I have another one scheduled, but in my experience, the best way to learn is by doing. I haven't decided if I will get certified yet. I read that there are some free practice exams available? Any other suggestions for getting some experience and keeping fresh.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
SAS_Cares
SAS Employee

Hi @Bill_Stock , thanks for your interest in SAS! Our Certification program Free practice exams can be found on this page. 

For more of our free academic software you can use to practice, as well as e-learning courses that can help you brush up your SAS skills, you can refer to this page

Hope this helps!

Bill_Stock
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you very much.
ballardw
Super User

One of the things I mention for "more experience" is to look through posts on this forum and see which questions you can answer.

One of the nice things is that often we have an accepted solution that you can compare your solution with.

You may also be able to find specific sorts of problems,  problems related to specific industry or specific procedures of interest by using the search feature.

Bill_Stock
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks
Bill_Stock
Calcite | Level 5

OK, how does one actually take the SAS exam? I know you have to register and I believe it costs $180, but where are the exams held and how often?  I've taken three online courses and I've written the practice exam three times, I got 98% the last time, but since it's the same exam every time, this does not mean much. I also purchased the exam prep guide, it looks like a real page turner. LOL.

Any insights appreciated.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation