BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
khushbu88
Calcite | Level 5
Hello,
I am complete SAS beginner. I am practicing on university edition. I have problem regarding saving Library. I am creating libraries in my folders/ myfolders. But I am unable retrieve them once I reopen. I lose all libraries once I shut down.

Let me know if there is any solution.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Basically, there are two ways to make libraries permanently available:

• include the LIBNAME statements in the autoexec. "autoexec" encompasses a lot of things, among them the typical autoexec.sas file in the user's home directory or (as with UE) in the /folders/myfolders. It can also mean the autoexec_usermods.sas files in the configuration tree of a BI server, or code sent from Enterprise Guide when a server connection is established, or an Autoexec process flow in an EG project
  • define the libraries in SAS metadata; since University Edition is a locked-down virtual machine (although it is in fact a miniature BI server), you can't do that

so the proper way for UE is to have an autoexec.sas file.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Add LIBNAME linking to the folder in the autoexec program file:

Shmuel_0-1618757011070.png

something like:

libname mydata '/folders/myfolders/data_1';

khushbu88
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks a lot for this answer. Autoexec worked well
khushbu88
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

Thanks for the solution. I saved it in autoexec file. It worked well. 

but why can't the libraries be saved directly? 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Basically, there are two ways to make libraries permanently available:

• include the LIBNAME statements in the autoexec. "autoexec" encompasses a lot of things, among them the typical autoexec.sas file in the user's home directory or (as with UE) in the /folders/myfolders. It can also mean the autoexec_usermods.sas files in the configuration tree of a BI server, or code sent from Enterprise Guide when a server connection is established, or an Autoexec process flow in an EG project
  • define the libraries in SAS metadata; since University Edition is a locked-down virtual machine (although it is in fact a miniature BI server), you can't do that

so the proper way for UE is to have an autoexec.sas file.

khushbu88
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks a lot for the Solution. that resolved my query.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation