BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Scott_Mitchell
Quartz | Level 8

Good Evening Everyone.

I am interested in learning more about Visual Investigator and Social Network Analysis.  Obviously, SAS Training is the place to go, however, I would like to have a reasonable understanding of the topics before attending.  Can anyone recommend a good place to begin my journey?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Scott

2 REPLIES 2
DavidStern
SAS Employee

Hi Scott!

I imagine you already found the SAS® Visual Investigator area of our website, which has a glossy demo video, and a 'Free Trial' link, which takes you to a form asking for some contact details in order to let you have a play with it yourself.

The documentation for SAS Visual Investigator 10.4 on the support.sas.com website is also good, if you are able to access it. I see a little padlock icon next to the documentation link on that page, and I think you need a password to access it. Perhaps someone can reply here to advise a better way to get the password - I don't think I'm supposed to share it here - but in your SAS account manager should be happy to help.

When I got started with Visual Investigator 18 months or so ago, as a general SAS 9 and SAS Viya administration person with no previous experience of network analysis or the other application domains this product is used for, my experience was that I had to read quite a lot and get my hands on it the product for a while before I really began feeling like I understood what it was all about. It so happens that I ended up working on other things all this year, I haven't really done anything to speak of with this latest version. But I'll pass this conversation on to some colleagues and ask them to add anything they can think of!

Good luck - it's a really neat product!

David

Scott_Mitchell
Quartz | Level 8

Hi David,

Thank you very much for your insight.  Unfortunately, I don't work for an organisation with the appropriate licencing (or any SAS licencing to be honest) so have been unable to access the online documentation.  It was more of a self-driven skill development activity.

Once again I greatly appreciate you taking the time to explain your experiences (it sounds like we are working from a very similar base) with the product and I am really looking forward to getting my hands on it in the future.

Regards,

Scott 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation