BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sudakardhanapal
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Team,

I want to learn SAS on Mainframe.So I registered for e-learning course "SAS® Programming 1: Essentials".

The practice exercises are in SAS studio. But that wont to be helpful for me(atleast me) .As I want to learn SAS using Mainframe.

Can some experts on Mainframe SAS on how to do the same exercises using Mainframe ? 

Thanks in Advance.

1 REPLY 1
Amir
PROC Star

The SAS code you write will be the same on the Mainframe when compared to SAS studio, for an introductory course such as the one you are attempting.

Any differences in more advanced work requiring knowledge of EBCDIC (Mainframe) vs ASCII (non-Mainframe) will be something you can look up when you become more experienced.

How to submit the code might be a bit different, but that only needs to be learnt once, the SAS syntax is the important thing at this stage, which is the same across platforms.

Amir.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation