BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mchenj1
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I do a lot of tests with multiple groups using the fit models for comparison. To date, I use Minitab to calculate a one way anova sample size. This is simple and allows me to input number of groups and our difference to detect.

I would like to use JMP to do this calculation and I know i should use k sample means. But i dont want to put in guess means. i want to say i want a difference to detect of 100. If i enter in dummy means of 0 and 100, the number of 0's vs 100's in the 4 fields drastically changes my sample size. 

Is there a rule of thumb on how to pick means to be as close to minitabs one way anova sample size calculation? If not, can someone please explain why these two platforms do it differently and what that means for the power of my study?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You might want to post this in the JMP forum.

--
Paige Miller

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation