BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AB02
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

facing issue while exporting data into ,mdb file.

PROC EXPORT DATA= sashelp.class
OUTTABLE="class"
DBMS=ACCESS
REPLACE;
DATABASE = "C:\Users\ab\Downloads\Ab\class.mdb";
RUN;

ERROR: Connection Failed. See log for details.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE EXPORT used (Total process time):
real time 0.18 seconds
cpu time 0.12 seconds

I am using SAS 9.4 and access are both 64 Bit Version.

Thanks for help.

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Where are you running this code? On a remote SAS server or using SAS on your PC? Is this your first time trying this or has it worked in the past?

AB02
Calcite | Level 5
Previous everything was fine. From couple of days while exporting into access files sas used to terminate without completing the export procedure.
so u reinstall access tool.
now i am facing this issue.
ballardw
Super User

@AB02 wrote:
Previous everything was fine. From couple of days while exporting into access files sas used to terminate without completing the export procedure.
so u reinstall access tool.
now i am facing this issue.

"Previous everything was fine." Previous to what?

If you belong to an organization with an IT staff I would check with them to see if they did any maintenance on Windows products like Office or Access. The engines SAS uses for MDB files tend to rely on matching the SAS install with the version of the application and an update to Office or Access could have replaced the version that SAS expects to see.

Reinstalling the "previous" tool would not fix this sort of version confusion as the same tool expects to see the same version.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Since it was working fine and now it isn't something must have changed to cause it. Has there been an upgrade to MS Office rolled out for example? You didn't answer my question asking if you were using a remote SAS server or not. If your PROC EXPORT ran on a remote SAS server, then only SAS server changes count, not any on your PC. If you are running PC SAS then PC software changes count. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation