BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
beleeve
Calcite | Level 5

I was wondering if there's anyway to check if the equation is correct. I know for linear regression you can check with residuals. Is there something similar for logistic regression?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ksharp
Super User
Correct for what ? Do you mean Goodness of fit for Logistic model ?
Check GOF and LACKFIT option of MODEL in PROC LOGISTIC .
@Rick_SAS wrote a couple of blog about it before.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I'm not sure what you mean by "correct" or why you need to check. SAS themselves (or is it SAS itself?) does thorough checking of the results of each procedure, so we don't generally have to do that checking. If the data going into your logistic regression is correct, and your code is correct, then I would be happy to assume that the results are correct. So that's what I would check, the data and the code.

--
Paige Miller
Nathalie1
Obsidian | Level 7

The most important thing for logistic regression is to have 5 to 10 events for each explanatory variable.

Example: if you have a variable to explain for N= 54 patients and 3 explanatory variables:

Var1 = numerical age counts as 1

Var2 = processing yes/no counts as 1

Var3 = occupational category (n = 8 ) counts as 7

So you must have: (1+1+7) x 5 = 45 < 54 patients (limit)

(1+1+7) x10=90 < 54 patients (not good at all) You have to think carefully before validating the model.

Hope this can help you.

Ksharp
Super User
Correct for what ? Do you mean Goodness of fit for Logistic model ?
Check GOF and LACKFIT option of MODEL in PROC LOGISTIC .
@Rick_SAS wrote a couple of blog about it before.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation