BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
adamcheng1947
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I would like to ask if the Print function of SAS Viewer has been removed from the new version? Or does it support on any older version?

adamcheng1947_0-1663232696279.png

adamcheng1947_1-1663232786318.png

Thank you very much.

Have a nice day.

7 REPLIES 7
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi @adamcheng1947 and welcome to the SAS Support Communities!

I'm using version 1.42 of the Universal Viewer (from 2016 or so) and it does have a print function for several file types including SAS datasets, SAS programs, logs, listing output and other text files. The corresponding menu item "Print..." is not contained in the File menu of the outer "SAS Universal Viewer" window (which you show in your second screenshot), but in the Table or File menu, respectively, of the individual inner window of each dataset, program, etc. that you open.

adamcheng1947
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your reply,
I found that Print button, but it doesn't seem to work when I click on it

adamcheng1947_0-1663731986144.png

Thank you very much

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

I've just tested the print function with a .sas program, a .sas7bdat dataset and a dataset in a .xpt SAS V5 transport file and it worked. The menu item was not just "Print", but "Print..." in all three cases, indicating that a Print dialog window would open upon selecting the item. This happened and I could select a printer and adjust settings, similar to the Print dialog of SAS 9.4 and other Windows software.

Is it just the SAS Universal Viewer where you don't get a Print dialog?

adamcheng1947
Calcite | Level 5

Is it just the SAS Universal Viewer where you don't get a Print dialog?

Yes, only SAS Universal Viewer don't get a Print dialog.

similar to the Print dialog of SAS 9.4

Your mean is The SAS System Viewer V9.4 or SAS Universal Viewer 9.4? If it is The SAS System Viewer V9.4, where can I download this version on SAS website?

Thank you very much. 

Wish you have a nice day.

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

No, with SAS 9.4 I meant the SAS software itself (locally installed, using the Display Manager interface). My SAS Universal Viewer is version 1.42, but there are newer versions available from https://support.sas.com/downloads/browse.htm?fil=&cat=74.

adamcheng1947
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, may I ask you another question?

So can I find the download of The SAS System Viewer v9.x on the official website?

Thank you very much

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation