BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
agreen7
Calcite | Level 5

When I try to load SAS Studio, I get "HTTP STATUS 500--Internal Server Error." Does this mean the site is down?

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

Are you using SAS Academics on Demand, or SAS UE using Oracle VirtualBox?

SAS AoD may be down, SAS UE vis Oracle VB should never be down because it runs locally. Make sure the VM is booted up and running though. 

@agreen7 wrote:

When I try to load SAS Studio, I get "HTTP STATUS 500--Internal Server Error." Does this mean the site is down?

TomyLP
Calcite | Level 5
I've got the same error SAS Academics on Demand. How could I fix that ?
RandyMullis
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

There have been quite a few outages for SAS OnDemand for Academics lately. This is related to a known problem. There is an outage scheduled this coming weekend with the goal of applying a fix for this problem. We hope that the situation will be more settled as a result of this fix.

We apologize for your inconvenience. When you see an error such as what you experienced above, you can be assured that the operations team has been alerted.

Thanks,

Randy

TomyLP
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks Randy
Shaikkhadar
Fluorite | Level 6

How could i fix this error? and  i am using SAS UE with Virtual Box?

see image & help me out please

RandyMullis
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi, @Shaikkhadar .  Errors like this occur when the Apache HTTP server cannot connect to the process on the back-end which is trying to contact. Why is the process not running? It could be for several reasons: a) If your copy of SAS University Edition is old, then the license for SAS might have expired;  b) The scratch space could have filled up and therefore SAS can't start properly;  c:  there was some other reason for corruption.

In any of these cases, the fix is very easy: Download a new OVA file from SAS, import it into your virtualization software, and re-attach your Shared Folder. It'll work every time! 🙂

Randy

Reeza
Super User

How did you encounter this error? I would recommend starting a new thread, the original post doesn't relate to your question since this is SAS UE, not SAS Academics on Demand.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation