BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
fuka-japan
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, this is Fuka-japan.

I would like to perform analysis using the data merged by IEA IDB analyzer.

However, when I load the generated data, it shows "No data available in table".
What should I do?

My code:

/* Script created using the IEA IDB Analyzer (Version 4.0.44). */
/* Created on 2021/10/01 at 20:08. */
/* Press F8 to submit this analysis. */

/* This is where the macros are located */
%let mdir = /home/u59515621/IDB Analyzer Macros;

/* This is where the data will be read from */
%let idir = /home/u59515621/Work;

/* This is where the output will be saved */
%let odir = /home/u59515621/Work;

/* DO NOT EDIT AFTER THIS */
options mrecall sasautos = (sasautos "&mdir");

%jb_reggp (
InDir = &idir ,
InFile = pattern3 ,
SelVar = ,
SelCrit = ,
OutDir = &odir ,
OutFile = test2 ,
CVar = IDCNTRY ,
NoMiss = Y ,
strctry = N ,
dvar0 = ASBGSCM ,
catvar = ACBGEAS ASBGEML ASBH21 ASBHAMS ASBHENA ASDHEDUP ,
codings = D D D D D D ,
ncats = 2 2 2 2 2 2 ,
RefCats = 1 1 1 1 1 1 ,
convar = ,
PVRoots = ASMMAT0 ,
PVTails = ,
rootpv = ,
tailpv = ,
shrtcut = N ,
npv = 5 ,
method = JRR ,
kfac = 0 ,
wgt = HOUWGT ,
rwgt = ,
nrwgt = 150 ,
jkz = JKZONE ,
jkr = JKREP ,
jk2type = FULL ,
stratvar = JKZONE ,
missing = listwise ,
newout = Y ,
qcstats = Y ,
Report = Y ,
intavg = Y ,
viewlbl = Y ,
ndec = 2 ,
viewcod = N ,
ViewPrgs = Y ,
clean = Y );

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

A log with Japanese certainly doesn't make things easier - but Google translate isn't too bad.

The log still doesn't show the code so you would need to also share the code at some time. 

With SAS logs you need to debug from top to bottom. Later errors can be a result of the first error so it's not worth spending time on them.

Your first error is on line 889:

Patrick_0-1633178835619.png

If you Google this error message you find this SAS Note: https://support.sas.com/kb/38/450.html 

The SAS Note instructs you to investigate your data - which is something only you can do because only you got this data.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AMSAS
SAS Super FREQ

Hi @fuka-japan 
There's not a lot of information in your post to go on so I have a few questions:

1. What is IEA IDB analyzer?
  2. Is it a SAS Supplied product?
  3. Have you successfully run this in the past?
  4. What changed since the last successful run?

From the code you supplied, you are running a macro (%jb_reggp) and supplying parameters to that macro. The macro appears to be stored in a folder "/home/u59515621/IDB Analyzer Macros", note this doesn't appear to be a SAS supplied macro, or in a folder that is part of a SAS installation. 
I did find this site, which might be what you are using: https://www.iea.nl/data-tools/tools If it is then I suggest recommend you contact IEA directly.

fuka-japan
Calcite | Level 5

I'm sorry I didn't explain it enough.

1.The IEA International Database Analyzer (IDB Analyzer) is a free software tool which can be used to combine and analyze data from all IEA's large-scale assessments.

The IEA IDB analyzer creates the code needed to analyze and merge data in SAS.

Using the IEA IDB analyzer, I created a code to do a multiple regression analysis in SAS. That code is what I wrote in my question.

2. I use "SAS OnDemand for academics"

3.I was successful in merging the data using the IEA IDB analyzer code, but not successful with the multiple regression analysis code.

The "/home/u59515621/IDB Analyzer Macros" is a macro provided by IEA IDB Analyzer.

Error messages and warning messages are as follows:

ERROR: Variable K is not found.
ERROR: The variable IDCNTRY is not found.
ERROR: The variable SOURCE is not found.
ERROR: The file WORK.MODEL42_PV1.DATA does not exist.
WARNING: The variable k in the DROP, KEEP or RENAME list was not referenced.
WARNING: The variable IDCNTRY in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list was not referenced.
WARNING: The variable Stat in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list was not referenced.
WARNING: The variable Value42 in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list was not referenced.
WARNING: The variable Label2 in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list was not referenced.
WARNING: The variable nValue2 in the DROP, KEEP or RENAME list was not referenced.
WARNING: The data set WORK.MODEL42_PV1 is incomplete. This step was stopped with 0 observations, 0 variables.
This step was stopped with 0 observations and 0 variables.

I attach the file that I was able to create with the code I wrote in my question.

ballardw
Super User

You will get more details in your log if you set

Options mprint;

before running the %jb_reggp macro.

If you don't understand the result post the log with all the generated text, code, notes, warnings and errors.

Typically the first problem causes multiple issues. You may fix that and still have problems needing rerunning the code with the MPRINT option to see all the information.

"No data available" messages may come from multiple causes in the middle of a macro and does not mean your "load" failed.  It may be that something using your data has a problem. Look for data sets that are created with 0 observations.

fuka-japan
Calcite | Level 5

I'm sorry I didn't explain it enough.

1.The IEA International Database Analyzer (IDB Analyzer) is a free software tool which can be used to combine and analyze data from all IEA's large-scale assessments.

The IEA IDB analyzer creates the code needed to analyze and merge data in SAS.

Using the IEA IDB analyzer, I created a code to do a multiple regression analysis in SAS. That code is what I wrote in my question.

2. I use "SAS OnDemand for academics"

3.I was successful in merging the data using the IEA IDB analyzer code, but not successful with the multiple regression analysis code.

The "/home/u59515621/IDB Analyzer Macros" is a macro provided by IEA IDB Analyzer.

Error messages and warning messages are as follows:

ERROR: The variable IDCNTRY is not found.
ERROR: The variable SOURCE is not found.
ERROR: The file WORK.MODEL42_PV1.DATA does not exist.
WARNING: The variable k in the DROP, KEEP or RENAME list was not referenced.
WARNING: The variable IDCNTRY in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list was not referenced.
WARNING: The variable Stat in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list was not referenced.
WARNING: The variable Value42 in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list was not referenced.
WARNING: The variable Label2 in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list was not referenced.
WARNING: The variable nValue2 in the DROP, KEEP or RENAME list was not referenced.
WARNING: The data set WORK.MODEL42_PV1 is incomplete. This step was stopped with 0 observations, 0 variables.
This step was stopped with 0 observations and 0 variables.

I got this error message and many warning messages.

I attach the file that I was able to create with the code I wrote in my question.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@fuka-japan You're using some 3rd party tool that generates SAS code and when running this code you get errors. 

How do you expect anyone being in a position to support you if you don't share this generated code and especially the full SAS log. And to get sufficient information in the log you need to set options like mprint prior to running the code.

The error message is clear. There must be a step where a variable K is referenced in the code but this variable doesn't exist in the data and doesn't get created by the code.

Why this is happening is impossible to say without seeing the full log, the code and representative sample data used by the code.

fuka-japan
Calcite | Level 5

I'm sorry.

Here is the log.
I am Japanese, so the log is also in Japanese, is that okay?

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

A log with Japanese certainly doesn't make things easier - but Google translate isn't too bad.

The log still doesn't show the code so you would need to also share the code at some time. 

With SAS logs you need to debug from top to bottom. Later errors can be a result of the first error so it's not worth spending time on them.

Your first error is on line 889:

Patrick_0-1633178835619.png

If you Google this error message you find this SAS Note: https://support.sas.com/kb/38/450.html 

The SAS Note instructs you to investigate your data - which is something only you can do because only you got this data.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation