BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
zhawasli1
Obsidian | Level 7

I will share screenshot. The upload sign is lighter blue than it usually is, indicating I can't upload.  Also, I can't create a new folder on the studio.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Reeza_0-1642695697910.png

Navigate to the Files and click on the folder where you would like to upload the file. Then the arrow will change colour. 

Where you're trying to upload the file isn't a valid location so SAS won't allow that function. 

@zhawasli1 wrote:

I will share screenshot. The upload sign is lighter blue than it usually is, indicating I can't upload.  Also, I can't create a new folder on the studio.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Reeza
Super User

Reeza_0-1642695697910.png

Navigate to the Files and click on the folder where you would like to upload the file. Then the arrow will change colour. 

Where you're trying to upload the file isn't a valid location so SAS won't allow that function. 

@zhawasli1 wrote:

zhawasli1
Obsidian | Level 7

I took a screenshot.  I was successful in creating another folder.  However, when I press upload the first time it doesn't upload the flat file.  Is it because it has txt. extension?

zhawasli1
Obsidian | Level 7

Reeza
Super User
You can't upload to sasuserv9.4 folder it's locked. Use a different folder.
zhawasli1
Obsidian | Level 7

Thats the only folder available 😕 . Should I use folder shortcuts instead?  How do I create a new folder.  sorry if this seems ridiculous.

Reeza
Super User

The first icon lets you create a new folder underneath there or right click the parent folder and right click (like the normal Windows interface). 

zhawasli1
Obsidian | Level 7
ok thank you it worked now, I don't know why its so hard I'm trying to upload the txt. file and its not uploading into the new folder I just created!
zhawasli1
Obsidian | Level 7
Do you kindly know?
Reeza
Super User
1. Make sure you click on the new folder before clicking upload
2. Make sure you're using a compatible browser, Chrome seems to work best (Safari doesn't work for me).

zhawasli1
Obsidian | Level 7
ok just saw this sorry. thank you.
zhawasli1
Obsidian | Level 7
I will try to download somewhere other than safari
.Thank you to both.\
zhawasli1
Obsidian | Level 7
How am I supposed to upload a file then? I appreciate your help.
Reeza
Super User

@Kurt_Bremser SAS Studio now warns you that's an unsupported browser at least 🙂

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation