BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sandeep77
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello Experts,

I have created a table to get all accounts in trace. Once I got that information, I am adding Lima trace information to the table. But when I add the additional code, All_Lima_Trace table does not show any information. Can you please check and suggest what is the mistake I am doing here?

*GETS ALL THE ACCOUNTS IN TRACE */

proc sql;
create table Accs_for_LIMA as 
	 select CustomerCode as debt_code,
			PersonTitle as Title,
			PersonForename as First_Name,
			PersonSurname as Surname,
			Addressline1,
			Addressline2,
			Addressline3,
			Addressline4,
			Addressline5,
			AddressPostcode,
			PersonDateOfBirth as DOB
		from store.TU_Format;
quit;

/*GETS ALL THE LIMA TRACES FOR THE ACCOUNTS IN TRACE */

proc sql;
create table All_LIMA_Traces as
	select	t1.tcfAccountNumber as Debt_Code,
			t1.tcfClientCode as Client_Code,
			t1.tcfPostCode as Postcode_Traced_From,
			t1.tcfNewAddressLine1 as Traced_Add1,
			t1.tcfNewAddressLine2 as Traced_Add2,
			t1.tcfNewAddressLine3 as Traced_Add3,
			t1.tcfNewAddressLine4 as Traced_Add4,
			t1.tcfNewPostCode as Traced_Postcode,
			t1.tcfTraceResultType as LIMA_Result_Code,
			t2.trtDescription as LIMA_Result_Type,
			t1.tcfLivingasStated as LAS_Flag,
			t1.tcfTimeStamp as Time_Stamp,
			t1.tcfDateConfirmed as Trace_Confirmed
		from DBTrace.tCaseFlowDataAudit as t1
			left join DBTrace.tResultType as t2 on (t1.tcfTraceResultType = t2.trtTypeID and t2.trtTraceSource ='LIMA')
				where t1.tcfAccountNumber in (select debt_code from Accs_for_LIMA) and t1.tcfTimeStamp >= t1.tcfDateConfirmed and t1.tcfTimeStamp > '27SEP2022:00:00:00.000'dt;
quit;

NOTE: Writing HTML5(EGHTML) Body file: EGHTML 28 29 proc sql; 30 create table All_LIMA_Traces as 31 select t1.tcfAccountNumber as Debt_Code, 32 t1.tcfClientCode as Client_Code, 33 t1.tcfPostCode as Postcode_Traced_From, 34 t1.tcfNewAddressLine1 as Traced_Add1, 35 t1.tcfNewAddressLine2 as Traced_Add2, 36 t1.tcfNewAddressLine3 as Traced_Add3, 37 t1.tcfNewAddressLine4 as Traced_Add4, 38 t1.tcfNewPostCode as Traced_Postcode, 39 t1.tcfTraceResultType as LIMA_Result_Code, 40 t2.trtDescription as LIMA_Result_Type, 41 t1.tcfLivingasStated as LAS_Flag, 42 t1.tcfTimeStamp as Time_Stamp, 43 t1.tcfDateConfirmed as Trace_Confirmed 44 from DBTrace.tCaseFlowDataAudit as t1 45 left join DBTrace.tResultType as t2 on (t1.tcfTraceResultType = t2.trtTypeID and t2.trtTraceSource ='LIMA') 46 where t1.tcfAccountNumber in (select debt_code from Accs_for_LIMA) and t1.tcfTimeStamp >= t1.tcfDateConfirmed and 46 ! t1.tcfTimeStamp > '27SEP2022:00:00:00.000'dt; NOTE: Table WORK.ALL_LIMA_TRACES created, with 0 rows and 13 columns. 47 quit;

2 REPLIES 2
Quentin
Super User
You have a WHERE clause in your query. Are you sure there are records that satisfy your query? Maybe try removing the WHERE clause to check.
BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Raithel presenting on validating data files on Wednesday July 17. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
ballardw
Super User

A generic comment about comments in code.

Your have the comments before two sql blocks.

/*GETS ALL THE ACCOUNTS IN TRACE */
/*GETS ALL THE LIMA TRACES FOR THE ACCOUNTS IN TRACE */

When I read those comments I expected at least one of these statements to be true :

1) a data set named Trace as a source

2) a common data set used as a source

So as a comment for a person just getting that code the bit about "the accounts in trace" is a bit confusing as to to what is actually intended.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation