BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ANMS
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am a new user for SAS Enterprise Miner.

Currently, my plan is to develop model for bankruptcy prediction.

My dataset consist of:

• 1 target variable – binary – to predict an individual will be bankrupt (0) or non-bankrupt (1)
  • 17 input variables – all measurement level is set to categorical (nominal)

Sample of my dataset is compiled as follows in Excel. One client may have more than one type of credit facility. For example, client no. AQ4 has 5 types of credit facilities: study loan, mortgage, personal loan, credit card and hire purchase (loss after sales).

ANMS_0-1624270705039.png

The dataset is compiled in Excel file. When it is being compiled like this, it generates 137,392 rows in Excel.

Then, I import the dataset into SAS Miner to analyse the dataset. Suppose, I have about 37,000 DMP clients (30,000 bankrupts + 7,000 non-bankrupts).

ANMS_1-1624270705055.png

However, the result given in the dataset provides the number of rows as observation: 137,392; which I think, is incorrect as my total clients (respondents) is 37,000 only. This happen most probably due to the type of credit facility (which 1 client has more than one facility type).

ANMS_2-1624270705058.png

Therefore, may I know how to compile / process this kind of variable with multiple responses using SAS Miner so that the output will generate the correct figures?

Appreciate if anyone could provide me detailed guide to solve this issue. Many thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

May I ask, in your mind, how do you want to handle companies with more than one credit facility? What would the logical steps you would use to take >137000 records and condense them down into 37000 records? I am not asking you to say how to do it in SAS Enterprise Miner, I want you to explain in words what the steps would be.

--
Paige Miller

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation