BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Hi SAS Users,

It is very convenient for us to print the discussion in the forum, especially for the one who is mainly read things from papers. However, I cannot find any way to print the discussion in our forum. 

The post has an option called printer friendly page as below, but when click on this button, you will be lead to a page with friendlier format, but not the whole file pdf or else to print it out in one click

My97_0-1611517451300.png

I also try Ctr+P, however, the file popping up is "black and white" colour.

For example, I want to print this discussion, I mean, all the discussion on this topic at one time) 

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Programming/Confused-about-how-a-code-run-through-all-observation...

Thanks in advance and warmest regards!

Thank you for your help, have a fabulous and productive day! I am a novice today, but someday when I accumulate enough knowledge, I can help others in my capacity.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Alternative way, to create a colored printable file is by using the "Snipping Tool" utility to copy rectangles of shown code and paste it into MS-word document.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

I'm using Chrom browser with Windows 10.

When doing a right click it enables to "save as PDF" file.

The file will keep the colors. Try it.

Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Hi @Shmuel 

Thank you for your reply, I also use win10 with Google chrome as my explore. However, when I right-click, there is no option called "save as pdf"

140979283_421251342452967_1298620272726481878_n.jpg

Or when I click to the print option, it pops up like below, I mean, the code is not coloured

2.PNG

Many thanks and cheers,

Thank you for your help, have a fabulous and productive day! I am a novice today, but someday when I accumulate enough knowledge, I can help others in my capacity.
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Small correction: Write click ==> Print ==> Save as PDF 

Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Hi @Shmuel 

When I right click => print, it pops up like that

My97_0-1611523394132.png

there is no place for me to save as pdf.

I tried to right click on the pdf like that, but the save as option is blurred

1.jpg

Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Even I saved as pdf, the code has still not yet been coloured

My97_0-1611523799557.png

Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

On PRINT pop up - did you choose destination = 'save as pdf'?

I have saved this discussion and attached it here.

Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Hi Shmuel, thank you for your help, but if looking at the pdf file, we can see that they will not colour the code (the code will be shown as black and white), 

I also attached the pdf file by your way of doing from another discussion which has the code inside

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Programming/Confused-about-how-a-code-run-through-all-observation...

Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Alternative way, to create a colored printable file is by using the "Snipping Tool" utility to copy rectangles of shown code and paste it into MS-word document.

Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

@Shmuel !

Yay, currently I am using this tool, just wondering if there is any another way to do so... because using snipping tool not really convinient.

Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

I believe it is programmable, but those are the only readily available tools.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation