BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Thanuja
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am working with SAS Visual Analytics 7.4 Modern Viewer. I created few list boxes with some filter options and all the options are selected by default. These list boxes are connected to other filters in the report. So, when a selection is made in other filters, the options in these filters are changing accordingly. However, the new options that come up are not auto selected which is leading to an ambiguous view to users as they don't realize new options in the list are unselected and excluded from the report. 

For example, the default year is set to 2018 and the ethnicity list box shows "Asian, White, Black" and all ethnicities are selected by default. Then user changes the year to 2017, now the values in the ethnicity list box displays "Asian, White, Black" as selected and "Hispanic, Native Hawaiian" as unselected. This is happening because we have the extra ethnicities in 2017 but not 2018. Because they are unselected, users see fewer counts and take it wrong. Is there any way that all options in the list box always stay selected irrespective of the changes that happen because of the interactions of other filters.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I am sorry but there is no way to automatically select values in a list control that can change depending on selections in another object.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation