BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tazsteed
Calcite | Level 5

Help! I have a project due tonight and somehow my code got wiped out. I have tried using the back arrows to go back but that isn't helping. Is there a way to get to previous versions on SAS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

You likely set the library to be automount, which means the code is in your autoexec (three lines in top right corner) under Preferences. 

Data sets exist in a library until you delete it, the program is irrelevant. It's like having an Excel file but not Excel to open it to some degree. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Reeza
Super User

If you didn't save your code there's no way to get it back.

If it's saved you should be able to find it somewhere under Servers Files & Folders pane. 

tazsteed
Calcite | Level 5

I saved it, but how do I get to the server thing? Do I need admin acess for that?

tazsteed
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry let me clear things up, I saved it and somehow I cleared the code and saved it again? I have tried file properties but that will not let me view previous versions.

Reeza
Super User
No, I don't think there's anyway to recover that AFAIK.

If you ran it at least once you can see if the log history has the code submitted? This assumes you haven't logged out and back in though.
The log history is a little clock like icon on the code window.
tazsteed
Calcite | Level 5

I have logged out and logged back in. I have also tried the undo button. So there is not a way for me to get the file back?

Reeza
Super User
I'm not aware of anything if you saved over the file.
You can try SAS Tech Support but I think they're closed now until Monday.
tazsteed
Calcite | Level 5

They are closed until monday, thanks for your help, I tried

tazsteed
Calcite | Level 5

If it makes a difference, the library and the data that I imported using the orginal code is still saved? How could that be?

Reeza
Super User

You likely set the library to be automount, which means the code is in your autoexec (three lines in top right corner) under Preferences. 

Data sets exist in a library until you delete it, the program is irrelevant. It's like having an Excel file but not Excel to open it to some degree. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation