BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Lakshmi_G90
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Everyone,

In our Project currently we are having 9.4 M3 maintenance release. Now we are going to upgrade 9.4 M4 maintenance.

Before going to upgrade we need to gather the information on What will be in scope, What in Non scope while Upgrading.

How can we gather the requirements (Scope and Non-scope) in the below SAS system platform ?

Our main server is windows2012 R2 and With a 2 tier architecture (Metadata+Mid,  Compute).

We have SAS DI, SAS VA,SAS EG,LSF tools installed.

Thanks in Advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I guess that everything you mention is in scope, all those products have updates (LSF I'm a bit unsure of, but check the link @SASKiwi shared).

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

A lot of the information you need is in SAS Guide to Software Updates:

https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.2&docsetId=whatsdiff&docsetTarget=ti...

Is there any reason for not moving to the latest maintenance M5?

Are you doing an upgrade in-place?

Lakshmi_G90
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ,

It's the client's requirement to move to M4. We are not having exact information regarding this.

Our team is going to do the upgrade.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I guess that everything you mention is in scope, all those products have updates (LSF I'm a bit unsure of, but check the link @SASKiwi shared).

Data never sleeps
Lakshmi_G90
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

Thanks for your Support.We could upgrade the SAS successfully.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation