;

run;

ods listing close;

ods html body="e\SASUniversityEdition\Myfolder\reg.htm”;

proc reg data=sample;

model y=x;

run;

quit;

After my running the above program, the logo shows error: insuffient authorization to access/opt/sasinside/sasconfig....

No body file; Html output will not be created.

I don't know what is wrong with it? Can you help me? Thanks!

But when running the above 

4 REPLIES 4
ketpt42
Quartz | Level 8

I think you need to be sure of what the folder path is as recognized by SAS University Edition. Right-click on "My Folders" under the Folder Shortcuts on the left-side menu and choose "Properties". This will give you the path under "Location".

This code works for me, outputting to /folders/myfolders/html. (I had to set the gpath as well.)

data sample;
    input x y z;
datalines;
8.9 4.2 9.3
5.7 6.0 2.0
6.4 5.5 2.7
;
run;

options dlcreatedir;

libname htmlout '/folders/myfolders/html';
libname htmlout clear;

ods graphics / reset;
ods listing close;
ods html body="/folders/myfolders/html/reg.htm" gpath="/folders/myfolders/html";

proc reg data=sample;
    model y=x;
run;
quit;

ods html close;
Jfrank
Calcite | Level 5

Still don't understand your answer fully. I have given the path "e:\SASUniversityEdition\Myfolder\reg.htm" in my program, but why the logo shows the error. I can run your program at my computer, and no error in the logo. However, I don't know where the reg.html is? I cannot find it in which driver and the folder.

ketpt42
Quartz | Level 8

If you're using SAS University Edition, it's unlikely that e:\SASUniversityEdition\Myfolder is a valid path within the virtual machine.

Right-click on My Folders under "Server Files and Folders" and choose "Properties". You will see a path next to "Location:" in the pop-up window like ,my screenshot below. My guess is that it is going to say "/folders/Myfolder". You need to use that path to specify your output. It will be case-sensitive. Then, to look at your output files outside of the virtual machine, navigate to "e:\SASUniversityEdition\Myfolder."

Edit: Here's a video from SAS showing how to work with your folders inside and outside of the virtual machine: Accessing Your Existing Data for SAS University Edition. At the 1:30 mark, it shows how to get the path from "My Folders".

Annotation 2020-07-11 164418.png 

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: You CANNOT use a Windows drive path with SAS University Edition in a Virtual Machine. SAS in a Virtual Machine is delivered as a Unix install. The ONLY location that SAS University Edition can write to is your shared folder location. You set up this shared folder location as the last step of installing SAS University Edition and importing it into the Virtual Machine hosting software.
You can tell you are using SAS University Edition because the top folder is called "My Folders".. however, the full path to this "My Folders" location is
/folders/myfolders -- assuming you set up your shared folders correctly.

So, if you have made a folder called all_output under this "My Folders" location then the path to all_output is NOT a Windows path, but would be /folders/myfolders/all_output.

Hope this explains why the E: drive reference will NEVER work with SAS University Edition.
Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation