BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jianan_luna
Obsidian | Level 7

When I do the quiz from SAS programming 1 course, I cannot make sense this question. Can anyone help me this question?

Jianan_luna_0-1594501015059.png

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

The output of the code is CLASS_LIST, which is a SAS data set (which they call a SAS table).

Nothing has happened to make this an Excel file. If they tried to create MYLIB.CLASS_LIST, that would be included in the Excel file.

--
Paige Miller
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

That is a terribly worded question.  Did you have to pay to access those questions?

The program will not create any OUTPUT files.

The LIBNAME statement sets up the libref MYLIB pointing to the specified file, but nothing it written until you use it.

The data step will create a SAS dataset in the WORK library (unless you have defined the USER libref and/or used the USER option). I would not call that an OUTPUT file.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The question illustrates a common mistake: defining a library, but then missing to use it in the following code.

Defining a library with the XLSX engine does not create anything; only when data is written to this library, the Excel file will be created if it did not yet exist.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation