BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
beacon
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I'm using PC SAS 9.4 and I found that I can turn on line numbers if I go to ToolsOptionsEnhanced EditorGeneral tab and check Show line numbers. I like the ability to turn on the line numbers, but I'm curious if the color of the current line number can be changed when using PC SAS 9.4 on Windows 10 (64-bit). The color of the current line number is set to a shade of red, but I'd like to change it to a different color...preferably a color that doesn't make me think there's an error on that line. I'd almost prefer to have no color for the current line number than to have it set to red.

I found this SAS Support article that explains how to change the line color, but it was written in 2003 likely for Windows XP and doesn't apply, at least as far as I can tell, to Windows 10.

Is there a way to change the color of the current line number?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
mklangley
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Go to Tools > Options > SAS Programs > Editor Options > Appearance

Then, select Current Line Number. You can then change the Foreground color:

mklangley_0-1594143124383.png

Here are a couple examples:

mklangley_1-1594143167476.png

mklangley_2-1594143208518.png

beacon
Obsidian | Level 7

When I click on ToolsOptions, I don't have an option for SAS Programs. If I click on Tools OptionsEnhanced Editor, then I have a window that looks similar to the window in your first screen shot except I don't have tabs for Autocomplete or Indenter.

On my Appearance tab, I do not have an option for Current line number in the File elements list box when I have SAS Program File selected in the File type dropdown. The list has Comments followed by Data/CARD lines.

Are your screen shots from SAS Enterprise Guide? If so, I'm using PC SAS 9.4.

mklangley
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
My apologies! Yes, my screenshots are from SAS Enterprise Guide. I had not noticed that you mentioned (several times, very clearly, now that I look back at it...) that you are using PC SAS.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation