BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
u59144367
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am trying to export my SAS results into an RTF file, but it keeps opening the file in TextEdit instead of Microsoft Word. Does anyone have advice on how I can fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

Are you on Windows? How are you opening the file?

If you're just double clicking then you can right click and select "Open With" and select Word fix it that way. You can then set that to the default behaviour (there's a check box in the dialog). 

@u59144367 wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to export my SAS results into an RTF file, but it keeps opening the file in TextEdit instead of Microsoft Word. Does anyone have advice on how I can fix this issue?

u59144367
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm on a Mac. I've tried multiple ways of opening the file, including double clicking, clicking on the RTF file icon, and clicking the download icon. When I right click, I do not have the option to "Open With", I only see "Open". 

u59144367
Fluorite | Level 6

I fixed the issue via the link you sent, thank you!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please update your post as answered in that case.

LHarper
Calcite | Level 5

THANK YOU!!!! I don't know who you are but at the moment you're my favorite person. You just saved me so much time. I was using two different laptops (the Windows one being in a language I'm not efficient in) in order to do my assignments for class. It was taking me forever. I was having to email the assignments to myself back & forth in order to complete them. This makes me so happy. Thank you!

LHarper
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you for asking this. I was having the same problem & Reeza's solution worked for me also.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 4 in conversation