BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Metropalm204
Calcite | Level 5
I'm a SAS Admin, I've added a User in SAS by creating hi his ID. But he is finding an error in SAS EG saying "unable to connect metadata servers"
Please assist me how to check whether he is connected to a server or not?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What OS does your SAS installation run on? If it is Windows then you should have a SAS Users AD group set up and any SAS users' accounts need to be added to this group as well as in SAS metadata via SAS Management Console.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Look at the metadata server logs to see if the requests actually reach the server.

If yes, the logs might give you more information.

If you authenticate against a LDAP source, compare the user against one that successfully logs on.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What OS does your SAS installation run on? If it is Windows then you should have a SAS Users AD group set up and any SAS users' accounts need to be added to this group as well as in SAS metadata via SAS Management Console.

Metropalm204
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for replying brother, SAS runs on windows and I have asked the IT team to add the the user in griduser AD group. Can you please tell me how to check by myself whether he is added in AD group or not?
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In Windows Explorer you can click on Network folder and on the Network men you should find a "Search Active Directory Network" if you have the permissions to do so. There are also commands for checking which you can google to find out.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation