BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
crocena
Calcite | Level 5

I have gotten a means descriptive table with my simplified data, but I need the layout to be different. I need it to be arranged like the table attached that is blank. 

11 REPLIES 11
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Many of us will not download Microsoft Office documents because they are a security threat. Please make a screen capture of the desired layout and use the "Insert Photos" icon to include this in your reply.

In addition, in order for us to help you with programming, we would need to see (a portion of) the original data. This portion of the original data needs to be provided as SAS data step code (instructions), you can see an example here. We cannot program from data in screen captures or Excel files.

--
Paige Miller
crocena
Calcite | Level 5

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 9.51.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 9.51.50 AM.png

 The blank is what I need it to look like and the filled out is as much as I could get from my data.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Please don't ignore my request for (a portion of) your original data, we can't help you without that.

Please don't ignore my instructions on how to provide the original data.

Please explain how you get the numbers in the 2nd table from the first table.

--
Paige Miller
crocena
Calcite | Level 5

I am not ignoring! I am trying to get it to you. I am very new to sas and I do not know how to do that even with the link you provided. Can you please assist me?

crocena
Calcite | Level 5

The second table layout is one determined by my professor and how he wants it to be displayed. 

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@crocena wrote:

The second table layout is one determined by my professor and how he wants it to be displayed. 

But this doesn't EXPLAIN anything, we need to understand how to derive the numbers in the table. Your professor didn't explain it to us, so I am asking you to explain it to us.

--
Paige Miller
crocena
Calcite | Level 5
The data is a comparison of BMI less that 24.9 and greater than 24.9 to age, gender, location, and food intake in the content of those listed.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

The link I gave has a .zip file at the bottom that you can download, and then use the DATA2DATASTEP macro as explained in the text.

--
Paige Miller
crocena
Calcite | Level 5

I downloaded the zip, but I am unable to open it. When I put in how it is instructed I get a syntax error and that the order is incorrect. Does this picture assist with what I am doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 11.19.52 AM.png

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

When you unzip the SAS file contained in the download, you then paste the code from the SAS file into your SAS and run it. Then you can run the %DATA2DATASTEP command.

--
Paige Miller

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation