BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Keisuke_Uemura
Calcite | Level 5

There are some excel files in one folder.

The number of files is increasing.

These file names have a rule, like xx-0001,xx-0002,xx-0003.... xx-yyyy.

I want to import and combine spread sheets from all excel files.

I can import one by one, but files are many and increaseing sometimes. So I want to make a automation task to pass maintenance actions when files are increasing.

I want to combine by enterprise guide task, version 8.1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
AFAIK there isn't a way to do this using tasks, this requires macros. I suppose you can create a parameterized process for one Excel file and then figure out how to call it for each Excel file.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User
How are you importing the files? Are they on your server or locally?
You can write a macro to loop through and import all quite easily but you need to provide more details.
Keisuke_Uemura
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you for reply.
Files are on server, in one folder.
I want to get solve by enterprise guide tasks, without writing macro for skillless users like me.
Reeza
Super User
AFAIK there isn't a way to do this using tasks, this requires macros. I suppose you can create a parameterized process for one Excel file and then figure out how to call it for each Excel file.
ballardw
Super User

What does "files are increasing" mean?

Approach would differ if "increasing" means "more records are added to existing files" compared to "new files are created".

Keisuke_Uemura
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you for reply, and sorry, not inough to explane about problem.
"New files are created."

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation