BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Emilbruhn95
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,
I'm working with SAS VA Viya (SAS VA 8.3). I have a problem with my x-axis for a bar chart; I can't figure out how to hold it fixed.

The problem appears when i have months on my x-axis. When i change the year to 2019, then the x-axis changes, to only contain January and February. I understand why this is default, but for comparison between different years it is not optimal.

Is there a way to fix this?

Examples:

2018.PNG2019.PNG

Best, 

Emil

5 REPLIES 5
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

I suggest you add the missing months to your data, the measure is missing, this should work just fine.

Emilbruhn95
Calcite | Level 5

Hey Bruno

Thanks you for the quick answear.

If you have other solutions i would prefer them. It's not optimal since it's a problem in many different reports with many different types of data and data sources.

Best, 

Emil

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

What you describe is a general reporting problem, one can not show data that is not there. So I suggest, that it is best when you left join the "category" data you want to see in a report with your reporting data. this will ensure that you will have all the possible data combinations you want to report on and you will also see if any data is missing.

For instance if a country is missing in your data since there was no sale for a specific month, it will not show since there is no data for it. But if yo do a left join, then you will have some data for the country, just the measure will be missing.

Emilbruhn95
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Bruno

Thanks again, i'm unfortunately not sure that it was the answer i was hoping for. In our datasets we have lots of different data for each month, but when you choose a specific variable for your bar chart, it will still leave out the months which has no data for that specific variable. I hope you understand me.

Best,

Emil

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Use the attached SAS data set, having no data for certain months works well for me. See below.

va_empty_months.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation